BS in Professional Communication Studies
Gain the skills you need for a wide variety of career paths, including traditional communications-related roles in marketing, public relations, media, with the Bachelor of Science in Professional Communication Studies from Pace University Online. Offered online through the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, this degree completion program produces the skilled, organized communicators many employers and industry sectors need.
- Transfer Credits:
- Required Credits:
- Elective Credits:
- Total Credits:
Tuition & Fees
- $555 per credit
- Technology Fee:
- Proctoring Fee:
Program tuition costs will vary from student to student depending on transfer credits. For more information, please contact an admissions counselor.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Pace University reserves the right to change costs at any time.
You will develop practical skills for:
- Print, broadcast, and online media
- Cross-cultural communication
- Supporting business goals with opinion research and strategic public relations
Designed for busy working adults, this program features flexible online classes. You can graduate in as little as one year depending on the number of credits transferred. Achieve your full potential—develop your talent for communication online with Pace University Online.
Degree Format and Completion Time
This program is 100% online. We host courses in the Blackboard learning environment, where you can interact with professors and classmates, access readings, watch presentations, participate in discussions and complete individual and group assignments.
You can complete the program in one year depending on the number of credits transferred.
Find out more about earning your communications degree online with Pace University Online.
Schedule an appointment with one of our admissions counselors today.
Our communication studies program is a degree completion program that consists of at least 60 credits. You will need to have earned 120 total credits between Pace University Online and your previous studies to graduate.
Courses for this program include:
- AIT 103 Introduction to Online Learning (1 credit)
- AIT 107 Computer Applications for Telecommunications (4 credits)
- CIT 231 Web Authoring and Digital Media (4 credits)
- COM 210 Introduction to Mass Media (4 credits)
- COM 260 Pragmatic Communications (4 credits)
- COM 300 Organizational Communication (4 credits)
- COM 361 Interpersonal Communication Among Cultures (4 credits)
- ENG 201 Writing in the Disciplines (4 credits)
- MCA 185 Effective Public Relations (4 credits)
- MCA 221 Professional Communication (4 credits)
- PAA 101 Public Admin & Its Environment (4 credits)
- HIS 113 Wealth and American Culture (4 credits)
- PSY 260 Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (4 credits)
- SCI 230 Elements of Environmental Science (4 credits)
- One additional elective (3 credits)
Please see our course catalog for complete course descriptions.