BS in Professional Technology Studies – Business Technology Leadership Concentration
In a little less than a generation, information technology has gone from being a novel tool for business to a crucial part of its infrastructure. Businesses in every industry need leaders who understand not just the latest technology, but also how it supports business goals. You can prepare to become one of these leaders with the Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies with a concentration in Business Technology Leadership from Pace University Online.
Offered online through Pace’s Seidenberg School of Computer Sciences and Information Systems, this degree completion program features flexible online classes and an accelerated format that means you can graduate in two years and four months. Equip yourself with the skills businesses need with Pace University Online.
- Transfer Credits:
- Required Credits:
- Elective Credits:
- Total Credits:
Tuition and Fees
- $555 per credit
- Technology Fee:
- Proctoring Fee:
Program tuition costs will vary from student to student depending on transfer credits. For more information, please contact an admissions counselor.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Pace University reserves the right to change costs at any time.
Concentration in Business Technology Leadership
Employers want the IT professionals they hire to understand how to use technology as a strategic tool for business growth and competition. Our concentration in Business Technology Leadership does this and more: the program prepares you to take on leadership roles in IT departments with skills and knowledge that span the technology and business worlds.
You can learn to:
- Assess, design, and implement business technology solutions
- Communicate effectively with users at all levels of your organization
- Align IT projects with overall goals of a business
- Effectively manage business technology projects using project management best practices
Degree Format and Completion Time
The online BS in Professional Technology Studies program is a fully online degree based in the Blackboard learning environment. On Pace University Online Blackboard, you interact with your professors and classmates, access readings, watch presentations, participate in discussions and complete individual and group assignments.
Depending on your previous college experience, the program takes about two years and four months to complete.
Find out more about earning a technology degree that develops you into a business leader with Pace University Online.
Schedule an appointment with one of our admissions counselors today.
Our technology studies bachelor is a degree completion program that consists of at least 60 credits. You will need to have earned 120 total credits between Pace University Online and your previous studies to graduate.
Courses for this program include:
IT Foundation (20 credits)
- CIT 211 Introduction to Computer Systems (4 credits)
- CIT 221 Global Networking Technology (4 credits)
- CIT 231 Web Authoring and Digital Media (4 credits)
- CIT 241 Database Management (4 credits)
- CIT 251 Computer Security Overview (4 credits)
Concentration in Business Technology Leadership (20 credits)
- BUS101 Contemporary Business Practice (3 credits)
- MGT150 Managerial and Organizational Concepts (3 credits)
- CIT344 Project Management (4 credits)
- CIT or AIT electives at 300 level or higher (examples CIT361, 363, 365, AIT381)
- Students can choose from a maximum of one business elective at the 200 level or higher
Required Liberal Arts (16-24 credits)
- LIT 343A Contemporary American Literature
- HIS 113W Wealth and American Culture
- PSY 260 Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- SCI 230 Elements of Environmental Science
- AIT 107 Computer Applications for Telecommunications (4 credits)
- MAT 125 Technical Math (4) or MAT 102 Mathematics for Life (4 credits)
- ENG 110 and ENG 120 (8 credits)
If you cannot transfer at least 60 credits into the program, you may need to take additional arts and sciences courses with Pace University Online to graduate.
Please see our course catalog for complete course descriptions.