BS in Professional Technology Studies – Computer Forensics Concentration
In today’s world, knowledge is power—and that knowledge is stored on computer systems. Develop the skills you need to help corporations, government departments, and law enforcement agencies protect computer systems and fight cybercrime with the Bachelor of Science in Professional Technology Studies from Pace University Online.
Offered online through Pace’s Seidenberg School of Computer Sciences and Information Systems, this degree completion program features flexible online classes and an accelerated format that means you can graduate in two years and four months. Cybersecurity and business IT professionals are in demand—equip yourself with the skills employers want with Pace University Online.
- Transfer Credits:
- Required Credits:
- Elective Credits:
- Total Credits:
Tuition and Fees
- $555 per credit
- Technology Fee:
- Proctoring Fee:
Program tuition costs will vary from student to student depending on transfer credits. For more information, please contact an admissions counselor.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Pace University reserves the right to change costs at any time.
Computer Forensics: An In-Demand Skill Set
According to a study sponsored by Hewlett-Packard, cyberattacks cost the United States an average of $15 million per company in 2015.i Businesses, government agencies, and law enforcement agencies need professionals on staff who can help detect, trace, and gather evidence of these attacks—as well as develop effective defenses against them. The Computer Forensics concentration teaches you:
- Forensic investigation of computer systems, including mobile devices
- Networking and database management
- An understanding of the criminal justice system and cybercrime
- Skills for gathering evidence and preparing testimony in cybercrime cases
Degree Format and Completion Time
The online BS in Professional Technology Studies program is a fully online degree based in the Blackboard learning environment. On Pace University Online Blackboard, you interact with your professors and classmates, access readings, watch presentations, participate in discussions and complete individual and group assignments.
Depending on your previous college experience, the program takes about two years and four months to complete.
Find out more about earning a technology degree focused on cybersecurity online with Pace University Online.
Schedule an appointment with one of our admissions counselors today, or learn more at out virtual open house.
Our technology studies bachelor is a degree completion program that consists of at least 60 credits. You will need to have earned 120 total credits between Pace University Online and your previous studies to graduate.
Courses for this program include:
IT Foundation (20 credits)
- CIT 211 Introduction to Computer Systems (4 credits)
- CIT 221 Global Networking Technology (4 credits)
- CIT 231 Web Authoring and Digital Media (4 credits)
- CIT 241 Database Management (4 credits)
- CIT 251 Computer Security Overview (4 credits)
Concentration in Computer Forensics (20 credits)
- CIT 361 Forensic Investigation, Acquisition, and Analysis of Digital Evidence (4 credits)
- CIT 363 Computer Forensics, Cyberlaw and Evidence Admissibility (4 credits)
- CIT 365 Mobile Device Forensics (4 credits)
- CRJ 242 Terrorism and Society (3 credits)
- CRJ 346A Crime and Public Policy (4)
- AIT 103 Online Seminar (1)
Required Liberal Arts (16-24 credits)
- LIT 343A Contemporary American Literature
- HIS 113W Wealth and American Culture
- PSY 260 Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- SCI 230 Elements of Environmental Science
- AIT 107 Computer Applications for Telecommunications (4 credits)
- MAT 125 Technical Math (4) or MAT 102 Mathematics for Life (4 credits)
- ENG 110 and ENG 120 (8 credits)
If you cannot transfer at least 60 credits into the program, you may need to take additional arts and sciences courses with Pace University Online to graduate.
Please see our course catalog for complete course descriptions.