BS with a Nursing Major
Online Degree Completion
As a nurse, you know that your skills are more in demand than ever—and that more is demanded of your skills. More employers look for BS-qualified nurses, especially in hospitals that have achieved or are trying to achieve Magnet status. With Pace University Online, you can earn the qualification you need to expand your career options—and help you serve patients better.
- Basic Nursing Transfer Credits:
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Core Credits*:
- Required Nursing Credits:
- Nursing Elective Credits:
- Total Credits:
Tuition & Fees
- $680 per credit
- Technology Fee:
- Proctoring Fee:
Program tuition costs will vary from student to student depending on transfer credits. For more information, please contact an admissions counselor.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Pace University reserves the right to change costs at any time.
Our online Bachelor of Science with a Nursing Major offers licensed RNs like you the opportunity to finish your bachelor’s in a format that works with your busy life. In this program, you can:
- Learn how to put evidence-based theory to work in clinical practice
- Study with our expert Pace Nursing faculty
- Take up to 9 credits at the graduate level
This program features flexible online classes and an accelerated format that means you can graduate in as little as two years. Employers want BS-qualified nurses, and today’s patients need them. Prepare yourself to meet this demand with Pace University Online.
Degree Format and Completion Time
Our RN-BS completion program is a fully online degree based in the Blackboard learning environment. On Pace University Online Blackboard, you interact with your professors and classmates, access readings, watch presentations, participate in discussions and complete individual and group assignments.
Depending on your previous college experience, the program takes about 15-24 months to complete. It may take longer if you need to complete additional arts and sciences courses.
Advance your nursing career—earn your BS online with Pace University Online. Schedule an appointment with one of our admissions counselors today.
The online RN-BS is a degree completion program for RNs that consists of at least 60 credits. You will need to have earned 120 total credits between Pace University Online and your previous studies to graduate.
Courses for this program include:
- NURS 481: Core Competencies for Multidimensional Care (3 credits)
- NURS 482: Evidence-based Practice for Healthy Aging (3 credits)
- NURS 483: Cultural Mindfulness (3 credits)
- NURS 486: Population Health in the Global Environment (3 credits)
- NURS 485: Innovation and the Art of Leadership and Management (3 credits)
- NURS 484: Improving the Health of a Population: Nursing’s role in Advocacy, Policy, and Politics (3 credits)
- NURS 498: Spirit of Inquiry: Nursing Research and Evidence-based Practice (3 credits)
In addition, you will take up to 26 credits of arts and sciences courses and 9 credits of nursing electives. The electives available to you vary by semester, and the total number of credits you will take varies depending on the amount of previous credit you transfer to the program.
If you are an RN with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.0, you can take up to 9 credits at the graduate level. We will double-count these credits towards both your BS and a master’s program.
Graduate courses that may be taken for elective credit are:
- NURS 681 Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nurses (3 credits)
- NURS 801 Underpinnings of Advanced Nursing (3 credits)
- NURS 802 Leadership for Advanced Nursing (3 credits)
- NURS 803 Advanced Nursing in Primary Health Care (3 credits)
In addition, RNs with a CGPA of 3.0 or better may elect to take an independent study for 1 or more credits.
Please see our course catalog for complete course descriptions.